you know the problem, the application window maximizes, but outside the Windows 8 viewing area and no way to retrieve it, resize, move….. #DOH !
- use ALT-TAB to select the application
- then use the combination WINDOWS + LEFT ARROW keys to move the screen back in sight !
admin@avamar:~/#: avmaint license ./licensefile.xml –avamaronly
ERROR: avmaint: license: server_exception(MSG_ERR_MISMATCH)
Solution: The license.xml files was probably damaged in the email, try again without email and it should be fine !
Trying to activate Office 2013 failed with the message:we couldn’t contact the server. Please try again in a few minutes. (0x80072EFD)
Disable Windows Firewall
issue: When trying to open the console to a VM, I got “Unable to connect to the MKS: Failed to connect to server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:902“.
solution: make sure the ESX & vCenter servers are in DNS or at least the local hosts file.
My iPhone5 with IOS704 regularly returns me the error “Invalid SIM” & “No SIM card installed”.
After restarting the phone… the error disappears.
But after a while the error returns…
Here are my findings while troubleshooting the issue:
1. restart phone… ok, but problem returns
2. airplane on/off doesn’t work
3. try network reset: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (returns to factory network settings) > no solution
Network Reset returns the phone to normal service, but after a while the problem returns again…
4. next… replace nano-SIM: problem solved !