Windows 7 seems to keep a winsxs folder (C:\Windows\winsxs) and it tends to grow pretty big.
If you want to cleanup, open a CMD prompt as administrator and run following command:
C:\>dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Removing backup files created during service pack installation.
Removing package Microsoft-Windows-UltimateEdition~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385
Service Pack Cleanup operation completed.
The operation completed successfully.
>> I saved about 6 GB diskspace !
– edit Virtual Machine Propertie- provide a new “Provisioned Size”
– open console or RDP to the VM
– open a command prompt
– use folowing commands:
– list volume
– select volume <driveletter>
Problem: When sending mails in Exchange 2007 (OWA / outlook), mails are redirected to the draft folder.
Cause: Back pressure issue / Resource issue / Diskspace issue
1. see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201658.aspx
2. in Exchange 2007 without sp1 : it needs to be have 4 GB at least a free space.
if you install sp1 : it just require 500 mb
3. In reference to previous post titled “Exchange Server 2007 Transport: 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources”, the Back Pressure feature, that detects resource pressure on Exchange Server 2007 transport servers and stops accepting new message submission if low on resources, can be turned off. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the EdgeTransport.exe.config file from \Exchange Server\bin directory using notepad
2. Add the following key+value pair:
3. Save file
4. Restart Microsoft Exchange Transport Service (MSExchangeTransport)